Twitter is a great social media platform for reaching new customers and informing current customers of what is going on at your club. There are over 310 million active monthly users on Twitter worldwide.
Embedding your Twitter feed into your website can be a great way of promoting your account and an easy way of keeping your site updated with fresh content.
To embed your Twitter feed into your website:
- Ensure you are logged in to your Twitter account
- On the top menu, click the ‘Profile & Settings’ button (image of your profile picture)
- From the dropdown menu, click ‘Settings’
- On the left side of the ‘Settings’ page click ‘Widgets’
- Click ‘Create New’ and then choose ‘Profile’
- In the text field, enter your Twitter handle (your account name with @ in front of it – e.g. @twitter
- Then choose ‘Embedded Timeline’ and you can then copy and paste the code in the box into your site – if using WordPress the code is ideally placed into a Text widget in the footer or sidebar
- If you need to customise the feed, click ‘Set Customisation Options’ and you can then change the height/width and the link colour if required
Follow the steps above and your Twitter feed will be on your website – enabling visitors to see your latest tweets without having to leave your website.